Research rates are as follows:
- One obituary photocopy with a known date of death, or other newspaper item (birth or marriage announcement) with a known date of publication is $10.00
- A fee of $20.00/hour for other genealogical research, or in-depth searches.
- More complicated and lengthy requests will be billed according to our hourly rate of $20.00/hour. We must first receive your written consent or contact you and receive your permission before we will conduct such additional research.
- Vague or imprecise queries are likely to remain unanswered. Upon request, we will send you a list of local researchers who, for fee, may also be able to help you.
- Relevant fees must be paid in advance and are non-refundable. Successful research results cannot be guaranteed. Copy quality cannot be guaranteed.
Research Query Submission Instructions:
Download our research query form, fill in as much information as you can, and submit it in one of two ways:
Print the completed form and mail it, along with your payment, to:
Chemung County Library District
101 East Church Street
Elmira, NY 14901
E-mail the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your research payment via the Paypal donation button below. You must indicate that your Paypal submission is payment for a research query or we will assume it is a donation (indicate this in the “special instructions to seller” box).