Get involved in the Chemung County Library District by becoming a Trustee Election Inspector. Election Inspectors welcome voters on Election Day as they enter the library’s polling sites, conduct operations in accordance with Library District Legislation, and follow defined procedures.
To be an Election Inspector, you must be:
- A registered voter in Chemung County
- Able to read and write English
- Able to work on Trustee Election Day, Tuesday, November 7, 2017 from 11:30am-7:30pm (polls will be open from 12:00-7:00pm)
Trustee Election Inspectors are required to:
- Become certified by attending a training class on October 3, 2017
- Set up voting booths (hang signs, set out supplies, etc.)
- Locate voter names in the poll book
- Assist voters in any phase of the voting process
- Issue affidavit and emergency ballots when necessary
- Complete necessary paperwork
- Tally votes from the ballot box
- Perform tasks as directed by the Election Chairperson
How to apply
Pick up an application at any CCLD library or download and print the application. Applications must be submitted by Friday, September 15, 2017. For more information, call the Chemung County Library District at 607-733-8607.